Companion Auto Update ChangelogCompanion Auto Update ChangelogPapin SchipperCodeerMeneerI’m not the best at keeping this list up-to-date so to check the latest versions check the wordpress page. ChangelogVersion list: Companion Auto UpdateVersion 3 3.7 (SEPTEMBER 8, 2020) New: Delay updates with an x number of days New: Be notified of plugins that have not been tested with the latest 3 major releases of […]
Companion Auto Update Changelog
I’m not the best at keeping this list up-to-date so to check the latest versions check the wordpress page.
Companion Auto UpdateVersion 3
3.7 (SEPTEMBER 8, 2020)
- New: Delay updates with an x number of days
- New: Be notified of plugins that have not been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress.
- New: Choose to see more info in the emails (like the time at which the update happened)
- Fix: “Contact for support” button will work again
- Fix: Fixed a few PHP errors
- Tweak: Made improvements to the “Fix it” button for the “All automatic updates are disabled” error.
- Tweak: You can now choose to ignore the “Search Engine Visibility” and “Cronjobs” warnings
- Tweak: Reports on the Site Health page will only show a summary and point to the status page for more information and possible fixes
- Tweak: Removed cronjob check and Search Engine Visibility check from site health
- Tweak: E-mails are now fully translatable
- Tweak: Renamed Core notifications to WordPress notifications
- Tweak: WordPress plugin and theme update notifications are now disabled
3.6 (AUGUST 12, 2020)
- Tweak: Added Theme and Core update method the log
- Tweak: Few WordPress 5.5 improvements
- New: Added an “after core update” hook More info
- New: Select which userroles can access settings. (Defaults to only administrators)
3.5.5 (AUGUST 5, 2020)
- Fix: Added better multisite support
- Better status log: We’ve added a bunch more checks and you can now see more passed checks.
- Support for WordPress 5.5
188.8.131.52 (JUNE 20, 2020)
- Fix: Sometimes the hour settings for intervals wouldn’t show up
3.5.4 (JUNE 19, 2020)
- New: See translations in the update log
- New: We’ve added a few checks to WordPress’ Site Health page
- Fix: Error with Companion Auto Update Database Update
- Fix: Schedule interval duplicates
3.5.3 (JUNE 5, 2020)
- NEW: We’re working on a better update log. You should see the Update method (Manual/Automatic) in the log now. (Only works for Plugins right now)
Please report any issues with this feature over at our sticky post: Problems with the Update method in the new update log?
- Fix: Not able to see checks in boxes (reverted back to before it all went wrong)
- Fix: Error date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID +00:00 is invalid
- Tweak: The status tab will no longer show turned-off settings as an error
- Tweak: Made some improvements to the “Update pending” emails, you can now see a list of all pending updates and go directly to the update page.
Also: Check out what features we’re working on at our blogpost
3.5.2 (APRIL 1, 2020)
- Fix: Not able to see checks in boxes
3.5.1 (MARCH 25, 2020)
- Tweak: You seem to like the new dashboard, we’ve fixed a few issues regarding the responsiveness of the design. We’ve also tweaked the icons to be a bit more transparant.
- Tweak: We’ve added the release notes link to Plain text emails
- Tweak: Fixed a few typos
- Tweak: Various minor security improvements
3.5.0 (MARCH 5, 2020)
- We’ve had to (temporarily) disable the theme filter because it was causing issues on some installations. We’ll try to get it working again in a future update.
- We should’ve fixed an issue where on occasion nothing would update
- Made some improvements to the “Fix it” button for the AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED error
- In version 3.4.6 we’ve changed to HTML emails rather than plain text, in this version you can opt to change it back to plain text emails
- Redesigned dashboard: We’ve changed the dashboard, moved both the settings page and de support page to the dashboard. Please let us know if you like this change or not.
3.4.8 (JANUARY 2, 2020)
- This update brings a few under the hood changes to ensure better updates in the future
- We’ve also fixed a (rare) Undefined variable: headers error
3.4.7 (JANUARY 1, 2020)
- Fix: Cronjob error
3.4.6 (DECEMBER 31, 2019)
- New: Filter themes, just like you do with plugins
- New: Link to the release notes of the plugin in the email
- Fixed: Sometimes the pluginfilter wouldn’t save when using a lot of plugins
- Fixed: A few errors regarding emails
- Fixed: Errors regarding the set timezone
- Tweak: Changing settings no longer requires page reload to see the changes
- Few tweaks in code for better performance
3.4.5 (NOVEMBER 26, 2019)
- Fix: Some of you reported several database errors in version 3.4.4, these are fixed now
- Tweak: Few minor design changes to fit the changes made in WordPress 5.3
- Tweak: Explained that emails will also be sent on manual plugin updates
3.4.4 (NOVEMBER 16, 2019)
- Sometimes the database wouldn’t correctly update to the newest version, we’ve added a manual button for this now.
- Sometimes plugins excluded from the updater would still update, this should be fixed now.
3.4.3 (NOVEMBER 8, 2019)
- New: Options for “Weekly”, “Twice a month” and “Monthly” for scheduling
- New: Added Database version to status page
- Tweak: cau_database_creation() query is no longer running on every page load, just on activation or updating of the plugin
3.4.2 (JUNE 28, 2019)
- Fixed: Times being all messed up
- New: Set the time of email notifications
- Fixed: Email notifications will no longer show as active on the status page when they actually aren’t active
3.4.1 (MAY 4, 2019)
- Fixed issue where sometimes settings wouldn’t safe
- Fixed issue where sometimes the status page would show incorrect times at events
3.4.0 (APRIL 4, 2019)
- (Actually) Fixed: Cronjobs disabled shouldn’t be a ‘critical error’
- New status icon at the status tab to quicker see issues
- Fixed: You’re not allowed to view error
3.3.9 (MARCH 11, 2019)
- Fix: Sometimes emails would be sent twice
- Fix: Cronjobs disabled shouldn’t be a critical error
- Fix: Sometimes update reminder emails would not send at all
- Improvement: Removed “Howdy” from emails
- Improvement: Fixed a few typos
3.3.8 (MARCH 1, 2019)
- Fix: Show correct timestamp in log
- Fix: Fixed a few typos
- New: Filter the log for Plugins, Themes or All
- New: Click on a plugins’ name to show the changelog
- Improvement: Added more checks to the status log
- Improvement: Added better documentation when issues show up
3.3.7 (FEBRUARY 2, 2019)
- Fix: In some rare cases various errors showed up when saving settings, this is fixed now
3.3.6 (JANUARY 14, 2019)
- Security improvements
3.3.5 (JANUARY 5, 2019)
- New: See WordPress & PHP version on the status page
- New: WordPress core updates now show in status log
- Improvement: Split Update log and Status tab
- Improvement: Update log now shows new version (no old version yet, sorry)
- Improvement: If major updates are disabled the update nag will no longer show
- Fix: Error Notice: Undefined index: menloc
3.3.4 (DECEMBER 24, 2018)
- Improved: Few tweaks to the new warning icon
- Improved: Changed a few strings to be clearer to understand
3.3.3 (DECEMBER 22, 2018)
- New: Set the time for Core updates
- New: Welcome screen after plugin activation to help new users find their way
- New: Warning icon in the top bar when something is wrong
- Improvement: More logs have been added to the status page
- Improvement: Redesigned support tab
- Improvement: We’ve checked all the text in the plugin and made some changes to make translating this plugin a little bit easier
- Improvement: The mobile design has been improved big time
- Fix: Some sites still recieved core update emails even when disabled, this should not happen anymore.
3.3.2 (DECEMBER 20, 2018)
- Global error? No need to contact us anymore, let the plugin fix it for you!
3.3.1 (NOVEMBER 15, 2018)
- Fix: Can’t Find constant error
- Improvement: We’ve listened, Scheduling and Plugin filter are now two seperate tabs and Plugin filter is renamed to Select plugins
- Improvement: Major core updates are now disabled by default for new installs
3.3.0 (NOVEMBER 5, 2018)
- New: Custom hooks afer succesfull update, How to use custom hooks in Companion Auto Update
3.2.5 (OCTOBER 26, 2018)
- Improvement: Few minor tweaks to the critical error messages
3.2.4 (OCTOBER 25, 2018)
- Fix: Errors with PHP 7.2
3.2.3 (OCTOBER 25, 2018)
- Improved: New error notification when plugins runs into a critical error
3.2.2 (OCTOBER 5, 2018)
- Fix: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected [ in cau_functions.php on line 247
3.2.1 ( OCTOBER 2, 2018)
- Fix: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF)/local file inclusion (LFI) vulnerability.
3.2.0 (AUGUST 11, 2018)
- Improved: Email notifications just got better and now contain version numbers.
- Improved: Explained the difference between major and minor WordPress core updates.
3.1.5 (AUGUST 9, 2018)
- I almost feel silly for pushing this as an update but the theme update notification said theme instead of themes.
3.1.4 (AUGUST 8, 2018)
- Fix: No theme update notification
3.1.3 (AUGUST 3, 2018)
- Fix: Issue with , in links in email notifications
3.1.2 (MAY 14, 2018)
- Fix error: Notice: Undefined index: cau_page
3.1.1 (MAY 12, 2018)
- Reorganized the dashboard to cleaner
3.1.0 (MAY 11, 2018)
- New: Status page. We’ve introduced a status page to be able to provide better help when an error occurs. This page will be updated with even more info in coming updates.
3.0.9 (APRIL 17, 2018)
- Fix: Successful update emails to multiple adresses. We took our time to really test this one but it works now! Promise!
- Update available emails might still be broken.
- Improvement: Email notifications no long show updates done in the last 2 days but instead changed depending on the interval of the emails.
3.0.8 (MARCH 22, 2018)
- Fix: Error “Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference”
3.0.7 (MARCH 15, 2018)
- We’ve recieved a bunch of feedback since the last few updates and we’ve listened!
- If the schedule is NOT daily – hide the hours object. show it only when daily is selected.
- Disable Notifications: Many requested a “Never” option for email notifications, this was already there, just on the dashboard. We want to keep this plugin clean so we’re not going to add 2 settings for this, instead we now show a message stating “To disable email notifications go to the dashboard and uncheck everything under Email Notifications”.
- Some people reported settings on the schedule page not saving, they were saved but the page required a reload to display the changes. We get how this can be confusing so we’ve fixed this.
3.0.6 (MARCH 14, 2018)
- Fix: Support & Feedback tab not working
3.0.5 (MARCH 14, 2018)
- Fix: Time schedule scheduling an hour before set time
- New: Support & Feedback page
3.0.4 (MARCH 12, 2018)
- Fix: Schedule Time not able to set! Read support topic here
3.0.3 (FEBRUARY 28, 2018)
- Added update time to changelog
- Minor tweaks to mobile design
3.0.2 (FEBRUARY 10, 2018)
- Security improvements
3.0 (FEBRUARY 10, 2018)
- New: Set the update time, many requested this feature so here it is
- New: Update log
- Fixed issue where multiple emailaddresses wouldn’t work.
Companion Auto UpdateVersion 2
2.9.6 (JULY 11, 2017)
- Added buttons to help development of this plugin.
2.9.5 (JUNE 22, 2017)
- Fixed issue where multiple emailaddresses wouldn’t work.
2.9.4 (MAY 31, 2017)
- Security improvements
2.9.3 (APRIL 15, 2017)
- Change how often notifications are sent (defaults to daily)
2.9.2 (MARCH 18, 2017)
- New: Set how often the auto updater should run (defaults to twice daily)
2.9.1 (FEBRUARY 25, 2017)
- Added a little bit of styling to the plugin filter to make it easier to understand.
2.9 (FEBRUARY 24, 2017)
- Advanced Controls: You can control auto-updating per plugin via the plugin filter.
- Fixed few typos
- Enable/disable updates for translation files (Enabled by default).
- Core Emails: By default wordpress sends an email when a core update happend, you can now disable this.
- Several under-the-hood perfomance improvements and a few minor bug fixes.
- New: Added site name to e-mail subject. Example: [Qreative-Web] One ore more plugins have been updated.
- Fixed: Notice: Undefined variable: charset_collate
- Fixed: Double e-mail notifications Read support topic here
- Fixed: Notifications sending when nothing was updated
- Fixed: Notifications settings not always updating
- Better updating: How ironic, this plugin did not handle it’s own updates so well (required re-activation etc.) this has been fixed.
- Fixed bug: WordPress updates could not be disabled, this should work now.
- Update Notifications: You can now get an email notification when an plugin has been updated (right now this only works with plugins, themes coming up).
- Minor perfomance improvements.
- New: If you have disabled one or multiple auto-updates, we can email you when an update is available.
- Fully migrated translations to translate.wordpress.org
- Fixed issue where setting would show up multiple times when re-activating multiple times
- Added settings link to plugin list
- You can now select what to update and what not (plugins, themes, major and minor core updates)
Companion Auto UpdateVersion 1
- Initital release